Who You Are
You are self-starting, entrepreneurial, and focused on continuous improvement for both yourself, the ComTec team, our customers, and our partners. You want to be part of a team, but also can make contributions individually. You have a voice and ideas that provide value, are appreciated, encouraged, and directly credited. You seek out mentors and to be a mentor to others. Ultimately, you want to work in an environment that provides opportunity and supports your professional and personal goals.
ComTec is looking for an experienced and reliable individual with a strong background in team collaboration to lead our Support Services. As Manager of Support Services, you will demonstrate an ability to lead and direct teams of varying technology levels with a focus on trends and outcomes. Your focus will be to make sure our clients are receiving top tier care, while ensuring the teams are consistently growing both personally and professionally.
- Responsible for managing support personnel scheduling to always ensure adequate coverage.
- Responsible for ticket metrics to provide clients with proper communication and resolution.
- Focus on ticket trends to be proactive when it comes to individual clients, or technologies.
- Collaborates with project management on client transition from project to support.
- Manage associate forecasting and insight for growth of the organization.
- Foster growth of associates through trainings and continuous communication.
- Work with clients during escalations when needed.
- Provide feedback to other functional areas on opportunities seen within the support services.
- Report on metrics within the support services.
Minimal Key Performance Indicators
- Support ticket response time
- Call abandonment rate
- Client surveys
- Ticket closure
- Chronic incident rate
Initial Professional Growth Plan
- 30 Day Targets:
- Learn ComTec’s Mission and Core Values and be able to articulate them internally.
- Familiarize yourself with ComTec’s CRM to view and track associated tickets and/or projects.
- Understand ComTec Cloud’s Products and Services so you can articulate the value proposition.
- Review current reports available while familiarizing yourself or modify as you see fit.
- 60 Day Targets:
- Learn ComTec’s Mission and Core Values and be able to clearly articulate to externals associates.
- Understand ComTec Cloud’s products to be able to communicate effectively with the team and/or clients.
- Understand metrics monitored and be able to present this information to them team.
- Familiarize yourself with the top 10 clients and partners.
- Learn ComTec’s agreements and start reviewing billable tickets.
- 90 Day Targets:
- Consistently handle billable tickets coming from support.
- Continue providing monthly reports on metrics from support.
- Work with sales on opportunities for increased engagements with clients.
- Support/Lead internal solution and process improvements.
- Experience with managing technology support teams
- Experience with various technologies within the service provider environment
- Experience in a support role to understand the inner workings within support
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Comfortable with handling escalations
- Ability to multi-task while under pressure
- Relationship-building with customers
- Ability to think and react critically and creatively when dealing with the unexpected
- Positive, results-oriented attitude and demeanor
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills, including the ability to assimilate information, identify issues and assess solutions
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills with the ability to influence key decision makers
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ Years of experience in a technology role
- 2+ Years of management experience
- Ability to regional travel up to 15%
- Experience in the technology industry preferably providing hosted services