Who You Are
You are self-starting, entrepreneurial, and focused on continuous improvement for both yourself, the ComTec team, our customers and our partners. You want to be part of a team, but also can make contributions individually. You have a voice and ideas that provide value, are appreciated, encouraged, and directly credited. You seek out mentors and to be a mentor to others. Ultimately, you want a work in an environment that provides opportunity and supports your professional and personal goals.
ComTec is looking for an experienced and reliable individual with a strong background in Project Management who is proficient at multitasking numerous projects in a fast-paced environment. As a Project Manager, individual must demonstrate an ability to lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget, and scope. Individual must also be highly detail oriented with solid organizational and time-management skills. It is also vital that the Project Manager has excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for managing high value projects through the entire lifecycle including: planning, executing, monitoring and closing
- Set and manage client expectations, internally and externally.
- Execute technical projects working with ComTec employees and vendors/subcontractors
- Collaborates with sales technology consultants to define project deliverables and convey scope of work with clients
- Manages resource forecasting & actuals for projects
- Manages and coordinates the project hand-offs from engineering and to support teams prior to closure
- Regular written and verbal updates to the customer of project status and any potential schedule delays along with options for avoiding
- Leads change order requests as needed with the customer, sales technology consultants and engineering teams
- Summarizes project status, risks, and critical tasks during bi-weekly meetings with the project management team
Minimal Key Performance Indicators
- TBD with the leadership team after your first 90 days
Initial Professional Growth Plan
- 30 Day Targets:
- Learn ComTec’s Mission and Core Values and be able to articulate them internally.
- Understand ComTec Project Management Policies and Procedures so you work within these frameworks.
- Understand ComTec Cloud’s Products and Services so you can articulate the value proposition.
- Understand ComTec’s Customer Experience Roadmap so you can articulate the value proposition.
- Begin leading/managing small – medium scale projects with supervision and support.
- 60 Day Targets:
- Learn ComTec’s Mission and Core Values and be able to clearly articulate to externals associates.
- Successfully complete small – medium scale projects within the full project lifecycle.
- Begin leading/managing medium – large scale projects with supervision and support.
- Lead/manage small – medium scale projects with limited supervision.
- Consistently update and report project metrics.
- 90 Day Targets:
- Consistently deliver projects under management with minimal supervision.
- Consistently communicate effectively with partners and customers.
- Support/Lead internal solution and process improvements.
- 120 Day Targets:
- Demonstrate a working understanding of the ComTec services, their options, their value, and how they can be used to solve business problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the metrics aligned with the role and why they are important.
- Experience with project planning and project scheduling
- Ability to focus on the details and take action
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Comfortable with escalations and requesting help
- Ability to multi-task while under pressure
- Relationship-building with customers
- Ability to think and react critically and creatively when dealing with the unexpected
- Positive, results-oriented attitude and demeanor
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills, including the ability to assimilate information, identify issues and assess solutions
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills with the ability to influence key decision makers
- Recently managed projects in MS Project or at least one project management solution
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ Years of experience in a professional setting
- 4+ Years of project management experience
- Ability to regional travel up to 15%
- PMP certification desired
- Experience in the technology industry preferably telecommunications, managed services, ISP, VOIP desired
Equal Opportunity Employer
ComTec Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All employees are afforded equal opportunity with respect to employment, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.