Senior Network Engineer
|JOB TITLE:||Senior Network Engineer||DEPARTMENT:||Operations/Engineering|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Operations||SALARY GRADE:|
|PREPARED BY:||Human Resources||FLSA STATUS:|
ComTec Systems, Inc. (dba ComTec USA) is a family of three technology business units— ComTec USA (Unified Solutions and Applications), ComTec Cloud Services, and ComTec Consulting. We provide the voice, video, and data solutions along with consulting for every business whether it’s local, national, or global. ComTec was founded in 1988 on the principle that the efficient exchange of information between employees, partners, and clients is the lifeline of any competitive organization. As the communications industry has evolved, ComTec has developed best-in-class solutions that give customers the leverage they need to succeed.
- ComTec USA provides Phone Systems, Carrier Services, Managed IT Services, Cabling & Infrastructure, and Cloud.
- With ComTec Cloud Services, we have created a customer-centric approach to delivering best-of-breed technologies that allow almost any size organization to reach their goals through technology efficiencies. Services include hosted VoIP, Transport, Hosted IT Services, Colocation, and Managed IT Services.
- And, with ComTec Consulting expect to work closely with our utility cost reduction experts. Through our 20 plus years of extensive industry experience and innovative cost reduction programs, our services deliver ongoing savings of up to 40% and have resulted in hundreds of millions of dollars in cost savings for our clients’ Telecom Services, Energy Services, Cellular and Landline, Electric, Internet and Data, Gas, Hardware and Software and Water and Sewer. Our holistic approach ensures that the lowest cost is achieved and then preserved over time through customized managed services.
We are looking for experienced and reliable individuals with backgrounds in both systems and network engineering who are capable of handling many customer service tickets and/or project tasks, along with premise cabling and terminating, in a fast-paced environment. The Senior Network Engineer must be highly organized and capable of performing well in a team environment. Must be flexible and team oriented to work within the various departments and projects as needed.
The successful candidate will work well under pressure, be able to work independently and in a team, communicating regularly with senior technical and non-technical leadership, and have strong customer communications skills. The successful candidate should have experience in diverse Network Environments, tackle a wide variety of technical issues, and provide confident courteous support.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, and should be capable of relating technical information to different types of individuals.
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task.
- Able to set priorities and meet individual deadlines while accomplishing team objectives.
- Able to resolve customer issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. A minimum of five years experience in voice, telecom, and/or network engineering.
- CCNA or higher, Network+, Cisco Call Manager Experience a major plus
- Experience working in a call center, NOC, or customer service oriented position a major plus
- Experience/Knowledge working with all of the following:
– IP Networking, Switching and Routing
– Layer2/Layer3 switching, TCP/IP-DHCP-DNS
– Network Diagramming and Documentation Skills
- Experience working with any of the following a major plus:
– OSI Model
– SNMP & Network Monitoring
– Exchange a plus
– CISCO Switching/Routing Technology
– Wireless Communications
– Understanding of firewall technologies (i.e. Cisco, Fortigate)
– Familiarity with SNMP
Equal Opportunity Employer
ComTec Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All employees are afforded equal opportunity with respect to employment, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.
To apply, please send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org